As a large segment of e-commerce shifts away from traditional desktop and laptop computers and toward mobile devices and tablets, it is becoming imperative to incorporate responsive web design (RWD) into your e-commerce strategy. Your customers want to be able to have the same great experience whether they are working from a computer, tablet or smartphone.
The best way to make this happen is to ensure your Magento site employs a responsive web design for e-commerce. With 9 out of 10 customers expecting a consistent experience over multiple contact channels, a responsive Magento site tends to lead to an increase in conversion on mobile devices and tablets, happy customers and repeat business.
If your Magento site is not responsive today, you could be missing opportunities for 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50% of your site visitors. Review your analytics right away and determine the percentage of your site’s visitors using mobile devices.
Making your Magento site’s appearance and functionality the same across all devices is a growing expectation of your customers, but there are several other important reasons for having a Magento responsively designed theme for your business:
- There are over 1.2 billion people accessing the web via mobile devices today, and roughly 27% of total U.S. e-commerce spending will come from mobile devices in 2015.
- In order to rank higher in Google mobile searches, it is necessary to keep the content of the site true to form. Low quality mobile pages that add excess loading time lose out in Google searches.
- About 40-60% of traffic is mobile, meaning that ranking lower in Google searches can be crippling to your e-commerce goals. A mobile-friendly site is critical to maintaining your hard-earned search rankings.
- Responsive Web Design (RWD) means there is one theme to manage. Managing one theme/domain is significantly easier than having to manage separate ones for each platform. Users on a tablet, smartphone, desktop and laptop will all have the same shopping experience, which means they will be comfortable with the functionality and will likely continue to return to your site.
- The improvements in mobile e-commerce and the growing popularity of mobile devices have driven this tremendous growth and are shaping the expectations of consumers.
By updating your Magento theme to a responsive design, you will maximize site traffic leading to improved conversions and mobile-friendly customer experiences, as well as gains in mobile SEO and search rankings. A well-designed responsive Magento site will help take your e-commerce business to the next level of success and efficiency.
If you are looking to make your website mobile-friendly and responsive, we will ensure that your new mobile-friendly responsive design (RWD) aligns with your brand and vision to maximize your online presence. We invite you to schedule a complimentary assessment today with one of our certified Magento professionals.