Mobile internet is a rapidly growing internet trend, and websites need to become mobile responsive to meet the demands of current customers and to attract new customers. Here are five reasons why your website needs to be mobile responsive:
1. Mobile Internet is Growing at High Speed
Smart Insights compiled the following statistics which demonstrate the remarkable growth of mobile internet use:
- In 2015, the average adult spent 5.6 hours on digital media. Over half of that time spent on digital media was spent on a mobile device as opposed to a laptop, desktop, or tablet.
- 80% of internet users own a smartphone
- 57% of users accessing mobile sites “multiscreen,” using both a PC and a mobile device to access a site at the same time.
2. Social Media is Very Popular on Mobile
Facebook and Twitter are among the most popular mobile apps. ComScore reports that 55% of social media use happens on a mobile device, which means that social media marketing is reaching mobile users. But if your social media content links to sites that are not mobile responsive, then you will likely lose potential audience members.
3. A Positive Mobile Experience is Vital
If your site isn’t loading or working properly, visitors are likely to go elsewhere. If your site does load on a mobile device without mobile responsiveness, it might not look very good or function well for the user. A mobile responsive site will load properly and look great on a mobile device.
4. Mobile Responsiveness Increases Your Site’s SEO
Google enhances SEO for mobile responsive sites, which means that your website is more likely to show up in searches on mobile. A mobile responsive site keeps the same URL and HTML, and is Google’s recommended design layout.
5. Analytics are Simpler with Mobile Responsive Designs
You can easily track a mobile responsive site’s performance with analytics tools. If your site is not mobile responsive, you may not be able to track the mobile activity and traffic that is coming to your site.
Providing a positive mobile experience is vital for a business to meet its customer’s needs. A mobile responsive site is a great way to provide a great mobile experience that will benefit both your business and your customers.
If you are looking to make your Magento site mobile-friendly and responsive, we will ensure that your new mobile-friendly responsive design (RWD) aligns with your brand and vision to maximize your online presence. We invite you to schedule a complimentary assessment today with one of our certified Magento professionals.