Authorize.Net alerted customers recently that it was phasing out MD5 based hashes. These are used for transaction response verification from Magento’s Direct Post payment method. Magento has announced a patch to address this issue. The first step is currently in effect, merchants are no longer able to configure or update their MD5 Hash settings in the Merchant Interface. On June 28, 2019, Authorize.Net will stop populating the MD5 Hash Value altogether. This will in effect make it impossible to process payments for merchants who use Authorize.Net Direct Post method in Magento.
For all Magento versions prior to Magento 2.3.1 (including Magento 1.9 and 1.14 and below) Authorize.net Direct Post was a native payment application within Magento’s platform. This payment method will no longer be valid after June 28, 2019. This could result in lost revenue and downtime for merchants.
In order to continue processing these payments, Magento has provided a solution in the form of patches which can be applied for both Magento 1.X and Magento 2.X. These patches for Magento must be applied within the code base and deployed to the merchant’s production server before June 28th to ensure continuity of service. Additionally, the merchant must generate a signature key within their authorize.net portal, and insert this into the admin configuration.
If any of this sounds technical, its because it is. The patch provided requires updating your Magento code. After the patch is applied, it is important to verify that any customizations dependent on the Authorize.net module are not impacted by the patch and appropriate configurations within the payment portal are properly tested.
Crimson Agility is well-versed in this process and has already completed the necessary changes for all their clients. If you are concerned your site might be at risk, please contact us for Magento Support through our contact form or call us directly for assistance.
For more information on this issue see the following:
Magento is making increasing headway in e-commerce innovation and that trend continues with Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.1. The new update offers merchants better control, creation tools, and will save you time and money when interacting with your e-commerce site.
There are over 200 improvements included in this update. You can look forward to merchant tool enhancements such as improved order creation workflow, Distance Priority Source Selection algorithm (SSA) option in Multi-Source Inventory, and enhancements to mass inventory transfers. Additionally, the Progressive Web App (PWA) studio now has more tools than ever before to help you build and deliver state-of-the-art mobile experiences. The update also offers the latest version of PayPal Express Checkout, Venmo, Shipment Cancellation, and enhancements to many of Magento’s existing features. For B2B customers, 2.3.1 now supports address books of more than 3,000 entries.
If you’re interested in upgrading your Magento site, contact us to schedule a complimentary assessment and estimate. Crimson Agility is nations’s fastest growing and Magento Professional partners in North America, providing local and nationwide brands both e-commerce and Magento consulting and development services. Simply fill in your information to contact us to schedule your complimentary Magento assessment.
For more information about Magento 2.3.1.
“Managed Services” is a service offered to businesses that rely on a software or service that requires support, maintenance, and or customizations. Crimson Agility provides Magento Managed Services as a services offering to its clients or any Magento merchant on Magento 1 or Magento 2.
As your business grows, the impact of unexpected downtime, security issues, or a stale site can result is huge losses of revenue, customers, and credibility. Our clients at Crimson Agility depend on us to ensure that their site is stable, performing at a high level, and secure. Additionally, many of our clients are constantly evolving their site to grow sales, gain competitive advantage over competitors, and exceed their customers expectations. As both consultant and developer, Crimson Agility is viewed by our clients as a trusted partner.
When you are looking for Magento support, help or development services, the following critical success criteria should be evaluated.
- Work with a team of Magento Certified and Trained developers. Magento is a powerful platform and framework for e-commerce, not just a PHP application. If the team you entrust to work on your site is not trained and certified, they will likely take the path of least resistance to doing things, leaving your site vulnerable and performing poorly. Always work with a team that follows Magento best practices. Doing things the “Magento Way” ensures your site remains supportabe, stable, performing well, and secure.
- A good managed services or support team is going to have a clearly defined methodology built around principles that promote communication, control, and transparency. I found this resonates with our clients as what they’ve been missing or lacking prior to working with Crimson Agility. The lack of any of these when you are paying for services and support is incredibly frustrating.
- “Continuity of Care” is an important concept that I first learned about from my wife, who as a nurse, pointed out to me the importance of “continuity of care”. Basically, the same nurse is assigned to the same patient as much as possible resulting in better care and a more personalized approach to care. By assigning a single point of contact to our clients and one or two developers that consistently work for you; you benefit from a relationship where our team understands your vision, the nuances of your site, and the history. There is no bouncing around between different developers or overseas staff in remote time zones that you’ve never met or talked to.
- No risk, no long-term commitments, quality Magento support. There is no need to sign a long-term contract until you are ready to do so and it is in the best interest of your business. Crimson Agility offers an ad-hoc approach to support and development that allows you to pay as you go. If our support is not working out for you, you can stop at any time. This approach is the equivalent of a “trial”. Most of our clients started this way. After working with us for a few months, they switched to a managed services plan that provided discounts and additional services that aligned with their needs.
- The thing that our clients value most is responsiveness and quality results fast, they want to know that when there is a problem, we’ll respond quickly; if they call with an emergency, someone will always answer the phone. At Crimson Agility, if we get a call due to an emergency you will always be connected with one of your team and they’ll typically have the issue resolved within 1-2 hours. In addition, when it’s not an emergency, we are able to take most simple requests and complete them within a day or two of being logged by you. The pace and rhythm of what to do and when is completely governed by you – important for planning.
As your business grows you’ll want the piece of mind that you have a trusted Magento partner to help manage, support, maintain, and grow your Magento site. Crimson Agility offers several plans including the ad-hoc support plan and accommodates to clients big and small. Your dedicated team of certified professionals awaits your call. Call us today or visit our Magento Managed Services & Support page on our site.
Crimson Agility Team
It is not unusual to hear someone say about their co-workers, “we are like a family.” Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix, created a lot of nationwide conversation when he made it clear to employees that, ‘We’re a team, not a family.’ (Reference the public Netflix Culture slide deck). There are a lot of differences between a team and a family. As family members, we encourage each other to do our best unconditionally. You are a part of your family whether you are successful or not. Membership in your family never changes. As a team, our participation is conditional, based on our contribution to the team’s success. Teams improve by constantly upgrading their talent. In order for the team to win, we need people who are the best, not just do their best.
At Crimson Agility we stand behind the concept of working together, caring about each other, and feeling like we ‘belong’. We are all part of a team striving to provide our clients with the best service, quality and customer satisfaction in the delivery of our work. We evaluate results on a quarterly basis. We recognize our failures and celebrate our sucessess. This can only be achieved by constantly correcting the course, improving what works and getting rid of what doesn’t. Fostering a team atmosphere, not a family atmosphere, is how we will achieve our next level of growth. Team building events like Crimson Agility’s 3rd Quarter Events last week are a great way to inject some playful competition and get to know each other at a more personal level. Knowing who your teammates are at a personal level, makes them ‘human’ and leads to an environment in which we can support each other to achieve corporate success.
Great leaders, self-starters, team players and outside the box thinkers are what the team’s success is all about. We are a growing team and we looking for our next great team members. If you think you have what it takes, check out our current job openings. Your success is our success.
Thanks for stopping by!
Crimson Agility Team
Imagine 2017 is coming up in April in Las Vegas, and Crimson Agility wants to give you a ticket to the Magento event of the year. The vision of Imagine is to inspire, advance, educate, collaborate, and enjoy all that there is to offer with the Magento e-Commerce platform. Attending Imagine is a great way to learn all there is to know about leveraging Magento help your business skyrocket.
Through the end of January 31, 2017 Crimson Agility is offering you the opportunity to win a free pass to Imagine (valued at $1,795). In order to win, all you need to do is share Crimson Agility on social media.
Help spread the word about Crimson Agility. Here’s how to enter:
- On Facebook, share any of our page posts or use #CrimsonAgility in your posts
- On Twitter, retweet any of our tweets or use #CrimsonAgility
- On Instagram, use #crimsonagility
- Make sure your posts/profile are public so that we can count your entry.
You’ll automatically be entered to win, with one entry per share. We will announce the winner in February 2017.
We are excited to announce that Crimson Agility has been recognized by Magento Commerce as one of the first Magento 2.0 Trained Partners. A Magento Professional Partner, Crimson Agility completed the necessary sales and technical training to validate its knowledge in selling, implementing and supporting the latest version of Magento Commerce’s industry-leading eCommerce platform.
The new Magento 2.0 platform empowers brands, retailers, and businesses across retail B2C and B2B industries to quickly and cost-effectively deliver engaging omnichannel shopping experiences. The Magento 2.0 platform also offers enhanced performance and scalability, new features to boost conversion rates, and business agility and productivity improvements.
“We’ve started talking to businesses about upgrading or migrating to Magento 2.0. The growing enthusiasm and excitement about this new version is well deserved,” says David Baier, Crimson Agility’s Vice President of Services Delivery. “The state-of-the-art and re-designed architecture allows businesses greater flexibility, more control, and faster performance. With Magento 2.0, we are confident that Magento will expand its adoption amongst small businesses and the leaders in online retailing”.
To be recognized as a Magento 2.0 Trained Partner, Crimson Agility’s development and sales staff had to complete extensive training and testing on the new platform, demonstrating competence in the new version of the popular eCommerce platform. The firm is now qualified to work with new and existing clients on implementation of the latest version of the Magento Commerce eCommerce platform. Learn more and schedule a complimentary assessment from the Crimson Agility team.
About Crimson Agility:
Crimson Agility is a full service Magento services firm with an in-depth knowledge of the Magento platform and e-Commerce, a broad set of design, development, integration and marketing skills, as well as years of industry experience and successful implementations. Learn more at https://www.crimsonagility.