Authorize.net Direct Post is a native payment application within Magento’s platform. There are two methods of implementation for Direct Post: Authorize.net AIM (Advanced Integration Method) and DPM (Direct Post Method) API. Both of these payment functions use MD5 hash algorithms to encrypt the data before sending it to authorize.net for transaction processing. As of March 14th, 2019, Authorize.net will no longer support the MD5 hashing algorithm. This means that any merchant currently utilizing this as their payment method for customers will no longer be able to process payments. This could result in lost revenue and downtime for merchants.
In order to continue processing these payments, Magento has provided a solution. Specifically, there are patches which can be applied for both Magento 1.X and Magento 2.X Open Source and Commerce Editions. These patches must be applied within the code base and deployed to the merchant’s production server before March 14th to ensure continuity of service. Additionally, the merchant must generate a signature key within their authorize.net portal, and insert this into the admin configuration.
If any of this sounds technical, its because it is. The solution provided requires having code updated within the platform, ensuring that any previous customizations dependent on the Authorize.net module are not affected by the patch, and ensuring the appropriate configurations and settings within the payment portal are completed and tested properly. Crimson Agility is well versed in this process and has already completed the necessary changes for their clients. If you are concerned your site might be at risk, or need to have this solution implemented, please contact us for Magento support through our contact form or call us directly for assistance.
“Managed Services” is a service offered to businesses that rely on a software or service that requires support, maintenance, and or customizations. Crimson Agility provides Magento Managed Services as a services offering to its clients or any Magento merchant on Magento 1 or Magento 2.
As your business grows, the impact of unexpected downtime, security issues, or a stale site can result is huge losses of revenue, customers, and credibility. Our clients at Crimson Agility depend on us to ensure that their site is stable, performing at a high level, and secure. Additionally, many of our clients are constantly evolving their site to grow sales, gain competitive advantage over competitors, and exceed their customers expectations. As both consultant and developer, Crimson Agility is viewed by our clients as a trusted partner.
When you are looking for Magento support, help or development services, the following critical success criteria should be evaluated.
- Work with a team of Magento Certified and Trained developers. Magento is a powerful platform and framework for e-commerce, not just a PHP application. If the team you entrust to work on your site is not trained and certified, they will likely take the path of least resistance to doing things, leaving your site vulnerable and performing poorly. Always work with a team that follows Magento best practices. Doing things the “Magento Way” ensures your site remains supportabe, stable, performing well, and secure.
- A good managed services or support team is going to have a clearly defined methodology built around principles that promote communication, control, and transparency. I found this resonates with our clients as what they’ve been missing or lacking prior to working with Crimson Agility. The lack of any of these when you are paying for services and support is incredibly frustrating.
- “Continuity of Care” is an important concept that I first learned about from my wife, who as a nurse, pointed out to me the importance of “continuity of care”. Basically, the same nurse is assigned to the same patient as much as possible resulting in better care and a more personalized approach to care. By assigning a single point of contact to our clients and one or two developers that consistently work for you; you benefit from a relationship where our team understands your vision, the nuances of your site, and the history. There is no bouncing around between different developers or overseas staff in remote time zones that you’ve never met or talked to.
- No risk, no long-term commitments, quality Magento support. There is no need to sign a long-term contract until you are ready to do so and it is in the best interest of your business. Crimson Agility offers an ad-hoc approach to support and development that allows you to pay as you go. If our support is not working out for you, you can stop at any time. This approach is the equivalent of a “trial”. Most of our clients started this way. After working with us for a few months, they switched to a managed services plan that provided discounts and additional services that aligned with their needs.
- The thing that our clients value most is responsiveness and quality results fast, they want to know that when there is a problem, we’ll respond quickly; if they call with an emergency, someone will always answer the phone. At Crimson Agility, if we get a call due to an emergency you will always be connected with one of your team and they’ll typically have the issue resolved within 1-2 hours. In addition, when it’s not an emergency, we are able to take most simple requests and complete them within a day or two of being logged by you. The pace and rhythm of what to do and when is completely governed by you – important for planning.
As your business grows you’ll want the piece of mind that you have a trusted Magento partner to help manage, support, maintain, and grow your Magento site. Crimson Agility offers several plans including the ad-hoc support plan and accommodates to clients big and small. Your dedicated team of certified professionals awaits your call. Call us today or visit our Magento Managed Services & Support page on our site.
Crimson Agility Team