E-Mail fraud and e-commerce security is a genuine threat that we all face daily. These messages, sometimes referred to as “phishing” or “spoofing,” are becoming more prevalent and may appear legitimate by incorporating company logos, colors, or other legal disclaimers into them. As an online merchant, your customers are an extremely vulnerable group. It is essential to protect your customers and have an online presence that is credible, professional and secure.
Here are some security tips for online merchants.
- Never request any customers’ personal or banking information via e-mail.
- Include your customer service phone number in the header of your site – this is both comforting to your customers and provides a mechanism for them to report suspected fraud.
- Ensure your e-mails have a consistent style and layout that is professional and that your customers recognize.
- Display the full URL of links in your e-mails – this allows your customer to see that the URL is to your site.
- Follow e-commerce security best practices as it relates to account creation and passwords. (See Magento Password Options)
- Take appropriate steps to secure your site from site-spoofing and URL-spoofing that include monitoring and countermeasures.
- Use authenticated e-mail servers. These include DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) and SPF (Sender Policy Framework), often in conjunction with DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance).
Learn more about how to avoid phishing scams in this article from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission:
Crimson Agility is an e-commerce and Magento expert with a focus on security and preventive measures for online merchants. Ask us about our Magento Security Audit for your Magento 1 or Magento 2 site before its too late. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A little precaution and planning before a security crisis occurs are preferable to reacting to the fallout of a disaster.
For more help and information on e-commerce security, contact us at Crimson Agility.
Crimson Agility takes pride in being a Magento Professional Partner. However, to reach this level of partnership, you need to have 12 certifications of different fields when working with Magento. We currently are at a Silver Partner tier with Magento based on joint booking attainment, technical proficiency, and customer satisfaction.
From the Magento 2 Solution Specialist page
“A Magento 2 Solution Specialist is an expert user of the Magento 2 eCommerce platform. It is designed for those who can efficiently align business objectives with Magento 2 functionality, optimize use of native features, and avoid unnecessary customization. Areas of knowledge include eCommerce, Magento Architecture, Magento Admin & Storefront, Business & Applications, and Catalog. “
The Magento exams can be intimidating even for the most expert developers and Solution Specialists. However, these tests can be a vital part of your businesses marketing and reinforcing your reputation. That being said, it can be stressful, so Crimson Agility would like to help provide some helpful tips to get you that certification.
How to Prepare for Magento Solution Specialist Certification
- Create or Purchase a Study Guide: It is vital to make sure you have the information to narrow what needs to be studied. At Crimson Agility, we used the SwiftOtter Solutions study guide, which gave us specific information to understand. We then paired this information with the official Magento User Guide to get even more specifics on the configurations and how it works on the front end.
- Form a Study Group: Studying in a group promotes a sense of community and helps provide teaching opportunities when you teach the information that you learned from the study guide and inform the ones around you because the best way to reinforce knowledge is to help others.
- Rest/ Peace and Quiet: No one, and I mean no one, can run on fumes. It’s vital to keep rested and to take intermediate breaks to refresh the mind. If you dig yourself into studying or stay up late, it can cause frustration and a lack of focus.
- Different Study Tools and Games: One of the worst parts of studying is that it can be BORING. It would help if you kept things interesting for yourself and your possible study group. At Crimson Agility, we created flashcards, watched videos, inspiring memory associations, received tutoring from some people that have passed the test, and even created a Jeopardy game.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Repetition of the material is everything, and nothing beats just doing it over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
These exams are a vital part of the Magento platform and to becoming a Magento certified partner. Magento only wants the most qualified and knowledgeable of personal development on their sites. We are always providing a consistent experience between all different websites between different development firms. This standard sets a future of integrity for all client websites. That’s why we at Crimson Agility consider it a cornerstone of our business. That’s why Crimson Agility takes pride in having some of the most certifications out of any Magento development firm, and why we want to help others strive to the Magento standard.
If you need a Magento Professional Partner that is reliable and Magento certified with plenty of experience with the platform, you can visit our page here.
Written by Graham Jones
It wasn’t long ago when we heard the words “I’ll be back,” strewn across the screens of millions. Where a black sunglasses and leather clad Arnold Schwarzenegger stands with a smoking shotgun. He came from a devastated and desolate future ruled by the cruel superintelligence of SkyNet with the steel fist of the Terminators. Is this what is waiting right around the corner for humanity in the years to come?
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)
According to Merriam Webster:
- a branch of computer science dealing with the simulation of intelligent behavior in computers
- the capability of a machine to imitate intelligent human behavior
AI is the use of predictive algorithms that use social trends to come to outcomes and that account from previous interactions. Using these features to emulate human behavior and intelligence. See, it isn’t always a robot from the future with a shotgun!
When will Artificial Intelligence be in our Daily Lives
I hate to break it to the people out there terrified by the fact of Artificial Intelligence (AI), but it is already a part of daily life. Have you ever searched on Google and the drop down attempts to guess the search result. That is AI. When you use Siri or Google Assistant to see what the weather outside is. That is AI. When you get a fraud notification from your bank stopping a possible threat to your identity. That is AI. I know this might be frightening, or surprising information to some. However, this can possibly help your e-commerce site get to the next level.
How can AI Help Improve E-Commerce Sites
Chatbots allow a way to provide customer service while simultaneously freeing up human resources saving you money and employee frustration. They provide quality customer service 24/7 with quick responses that can satisfy the most frustrated of customers. Using Chatbot AI it can reduce user errors. Plus they can sprinkle some humor into any conversation, and they never are in a bad mood.
Through the use of Artificial Intelligence inventory has never been easier to manage warehouse inventory around the world. AI has the capability to predict demand based on algorithms and external data. It can sort through massive amounts of data to determine trends and help keep items in stock. Adding the fact that robotic automation is helping save costs, streamlining production, and eliminate user error. Keeping your customers happy and your profits up.
Through the collection of previous users and visits to a website, AI can determine trends and pinpoint products that a specific customers might want. This provides a personal touch to an immersive website experience that allows the customer to see the products they want. Not having to wade through products that are less desirable can make the shopping experience even more streamlined.
So about the Takeover…
AI contributes to our daily life constantly whether we notice it or not. The desolate future that we see in the movies is not an issue of today. It isn’t evil, but a beneficial tool. Why not let it be a solution or improvement to some of your e-commerce needs? Let Magento be the catalyst to improving your business. Contact Crimson Agility for your Magento needs “come with us if you want to live” and get even higher profits.
About the Author: Originally from Canada, My family and I moved down to Arizona when I was young providing me the great opportunity to grow-up in this beautiful state and country. I previously worked in the medical field as a Quality Assurance Manager, and was given the great opportunity to break into the field of eCommerce. I am excited to work for the Crimson Agility Team as a QA Analyst!